Century Captain Information
Thank you for volunteering! The leadership of our captains and the devotion of our teams have made this one of the best bicycling events in the state.
- Review the previous captains' reports and information related to your job on this website.
- Contact the Rice Chair for the job folder.
- Develop a task timeline and plan for the operation of the team.
- Review your list of volunteers found under the Volunteer tab in the Member site. The Volunteer coordinator (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), will continue to recruit volunteers, update this list (although the on line lists will only provide names - no contact information).
- Contact all your volunteers by phone or email to welcome them to your team and confirm their participation.
- Schedule a meeting of your volunteers during the general volunteer meeting or at a time and location of your choosing.
- Encourage an atmosphere of cooperation and fun among volunteers.
- Fill our an Incident Report if you observe or come upon an accident during the event. It is very important to get the cyclist's name and emergency contact, if possible.
- Use the Reimbursement Form for your expenditures.
- Fill out the online Century Job Report on Sunday after the ride. The form must be completed and submitted prior to the Debriefing Meeting.
- Update your job timeline and operational plan and include a copy in your folder.
- Rest Stop Captains should fill out the left over food inventory and include a copy in your folder.
- Bring your folder to the debriefing meeting.