The San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club is a community of people that promotes and models safe and legal bicycle riding for recreation and transportation. We value riding our bicycles with friends, organizing cycling programs and events, funding bicycle-related organizations and programs and, advocating for laws and infrastructure improvements that support safe cycling.
Annual dues are $15 for Individuals and $22 for Families (2 adults and minor children).
If you have questions about becoming a member, the club or our activities, email them to email@example.com.
All memberships are renewed annually to support our insurer's requirement that everyone sign a Accident Waiver and Release of Liability every year. The waiver is built into the online membership process. Entering your password constitutes your signature of the waiver.
The online membership process supports payment through PayPal and by check. Paying through PayPal has the following benefits:
- Using PayPal does not require that you have a PayPal account.
- Using PayPal requires no additional input by the Membership Coordinator and your membership is activated immediately.
- Using a check requires additional processing by the Membership Coordinator and your membership will not be active until your check is received and processed.
An email receipt is automatically sent to a member when the PayPal transaction is completed or the check is received and processed.
Renew Your Membership
Current members renewing their membership go to SLOBC Member Login (opens in a new window), login, click on the Membership tab and complete the renewal process.
Become A New Member
New and returning members go to SLOBC Application (opens in new window) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the form.
- Participate in monthly club rides. We conduct rides for our members almost every day, 18 to 20 a week, nearly 1,000 a year throughout San Luis Obispo and northern Santa Barbara counties. Rides are designed for a wide range of bicycling abilities and interests. Visitors may attend one ride before becoming a member.
- The SLOBC insures members during club events. A brief description of the coverage our insurance with USA Cycling provides can be found at: https://s3.amazonaws.com/USACWeb/forms/EventInsurance.pdf
- Opportunity to participate in special member rides
- Club meetings with opportunities to enjoy fellowship and programs
- Club potluck dinners in June and December
- Monthly email newsletter with information on club activities, rides, and special events
- Annual membership directory
- Opportunity to join club email groups to stay informed about rides, activities and events.
- Opportunity to use Club Stats to maintain a record of your rides, create goals, track your progress, challenging yourself against prior years’ accomplishments.
- Opportunity to join the SLOBC CLUB group on RideWithGPS. This is a paid club subscription that provides access to all RWGPS capabilities. You will need a free or paid subscription to RWGPS to join the SLOBC club group.
- Opportunity to join the free SLOBC-ORG club group on Strava. You will need a free or paid subscription to Strava to join the SLOBC club group.
- Membership entitling you to discounts at many bike shops in the county
- Volunteer for the Wildflower and Lighthouse Century rides with an opportunity to meet cyclists from all over the country, receive a T-shirt and attend the volunteer banquet
- Opportunity to purchase Wildflower and Lighthouse Century clothing and Club clothing at club member prices. See further information below.
Member Clothing Purchases
Club members can order upcoming Wildflower or Lighthouse Century clothing at member prices only during January and June respectively. This is the only way you can guarantee you will get a jersey you really want at member prices.
2017 Lighthouse: Member Clothing Ordering
SLOBC Members can order 2017 Lighthouse clothing until July 14, 2017.
- Short Sleeve and Sleeveless Jerseys: $40 each
- Wind Shell Vests: $45 each
- Long Sleeve Jerseys: $50 each
- T-Shirts: $15 each
Pre-Order clothing to insure you get the sizes and styles you want.
- A limited selection of Short Sleeve Jerseys will be available after the ride
- Sleeveless and Long Sleeves Jerseys and Wind Shell Vests are only available by pre-order
- Extra-Small and 3X-Large sizes are only available by pre-order
Note: Volunteer for a Century Job and you receive a free T-Shirt. Volunteer for a Captain's job and you can choose to receive a free Jersey. Go to our Century Jobs webpage to volunteer.
Note: Increases in our costs plus taxes and fees for Short Sleeve and Sleeveless Jerseys has warranted raising their price from $35 to $40.
Day of Ride Purchases
A member that chooses to purchase century clothing at the event can do so but must pay the same price as riders.
Unsold Century Clothing
Members can purchase unsold clothing from past Wildflower and Lighthouse Century rides after the ride is finished. To order unsold clothing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the item (Event Name, Year, T-Shirt or Jersey, Men's or Women's, and Size). The Clothing Coordinator will let you know if it is available and how it can be purchased.
Product On Demand
The SLOBC has setup a Product On Demand (POD) program with Voler. It is intended to provide riders a last opportunity to buy century jerseys. It can be used by members but they will be paying the same price as everyone. An email will be sent to members that announces the availability of this option.
Club clothing is ordered directly through Voler typically during October of each year. Order periods will be announced via email.
2016 Club Clothing Ordering Open
Club clothing ordering is now open. The process will be handled through Voler. Please review the information below before proceeding.
All clothing is Club Cut - the same cut as Wildflower and Lighthouse clothing. You will be able to order Short Sleeve Jerseys, Sleeveless Jerseys, Long Sleeve Jerseys, Wind Shell Vests, Wind Jackets, Thermal Vests and Thermal Jackets.
- The order period is now open and will close October 31st.
- The clothing will be received from Voler by December 23rd.
- You will be notified when the clothing is available for you to pickup.
- The above image and the images on the first page of the online order site indicate what the final items will look like. Once within the order site, only generic images will appear.
- Make sure you check Voler sizing charts before you order and contact Voler using the above phone number or email if you have sizing questions.
- In general, if you fall in the upper half of a jersey size, you should consider ordering the next larger size in a vest.
Voler Online Ordering Process
The SLOBC is using the Voler Custom Online Order System for selecting and purchasing your club cycling apparel. Please follow the steps below to place your individual order for inclusion in the overall club order.
If you have any questions, please call 800-488-6537 and ask for assistance from a Voler Customer Service Representative, or send Voler an email: email@example.com.
- Click on this link to access your team order site:
- Click on "LOGIN" to enter your Login/Billing Info. Click on "Create Account" to save the information and to create your new User ID and Password. You will automatically be directed to the home page for your team order. If you are a returning customer, please use your original Login and Password.
- Click on "Begin Shopping" to gain access to the orderable products page. To place items in your shopping cart, click on the item you want to order, then the options you want to select, then the "Add to cart" button. You can choose to "View Your Bag" or "Continue Shopping" after adding each item. Repeat these steps for each item you want to order.
- After placing the last item you want to order in your shopping cart, click on "View Your Bag" to display the items. Carefully review the items and make any necessary modifications or deletions. Because each item is custom built, refunds and exchanges will not be accepted. After you have confirmed your order is correct, click on "Proceed to Checkout" to complete the secure checkout process by entering your credit card payment information.
- After you have completed the secure checkout process, an Order Confirmation will automatically be displayed and e-mailed to you for your records.
- After the order deadline date has passed, you will no longer be able to access the order site. If you have not completed the checkout process for your order by this date, any items in your cart will be removed. The Order Deadline and the Order Ship Date are displayed on the order homepage. The Ship Date is the date that your order will be shipped from Voler.