The San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club thrives because of the support of its members who volunteer to take on the tasks required to maintain our vibrant club.
The greatest number of volunteers are involved in our annual Wildflower and Lighthouse Century rides. Information on these jobs and how to volunteer is found under Century Jobs.
The second largest number of volunteers are involved in leading our weekly rides. Information about the responsibilities of a ride leader can be found under Ride Leaders.
Finally, there are the opportunities described below.
Many SLOBC members and friends enjoy creating jersey designs for our Wildflower and Lighthouse Century bike rides. If your design is chosen, you will receive a free jersey and your design will be worn by hundreds of riders throughout California.
If you are interested in developing a design:
- Review the following Due Dates, Process Alternatives and Jersey Design Requirements;
- Review our Century Jersey History;
- Download and print the Jersey Front (jpg) and Jersey Back (jpg) files that show the format and can be used to sketch ideas; and
- Email email@example.com with any questions or for further information and assistance.
- Lighthouse Century jersey design concepts must be completed and received by April 1st of each year.
- Wildflower Century jersey design concepts must be completed and received by October 1st of each year.
A jersey design can be developed based on your drawing/art and computer skills. You can take advantage of any of the following process alternatives or combinations thereof.
- If you are an artist, you can provide a high resolution photo of your artwork and I will generate jersey design alternatives for you to review.
- If you are a photographer, you can provide a high resolution photo and I will generate jersey design alternatives for you to review.
- If you are knowledgable in the use of Photoshop or Illustrator, I can provide appropriate files that you can use to create your design.
- If you can draw/sketch an idea, I can work with you to generate the artwork and jersey design alternatives for you to review. This option takes additional lead time.
Jersey Design Requirements
Design elements may be created digitally or by using any art media or photography. All final design elements will be translated into digital form.
- Text must include the name of the century (e.g., Wildflower Century) and San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club.
- The design must include the Voler logo on the front and back as shown in the Jersey Front (jpg) and Jersey Back (jpg) files.
- SLOBC must appear on the back of the collar as shown in the Jersey Back (jpg) file.
- The year will be placed on the inside of the collar. It may not apear anywhere else. This supports leftover jersey sales.
The SLOBC has adopted the section of Ontario Road from Johnson Ranch to San Luis Bay Drive. Cleanup typically begins at 8:30 AM on a Saturday at the Johnson Ranch parking area. Bagels and cream cheese as well as coffee and hot water for tea is available at the start. Volunteers are asked to bring gloves, shovels, rakes, and brooms. Bags and some trash grabbers and garden tools will be available. Work sessions are announced in the SLO Coaster. For more information, email Ken Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Route Mapping Team
The SLOBC has created a group within ridewithgps.com named SLOBC.ORG to store our routes. Members can volunteer to join the team that maps and updates our routes. Links to these routes are used throughout the club website to provide information to ride leaders, members and the public. To become a member of the team you must have an account with Ride With GPS.