Photograph: Chris Manning
Date: April 27, 2019
Location: Creston, California
The Wildflower is returning to its historic date on the last weekend of April. The San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club invites you to join us for the Wildflower Century offering four routes on rural roads through the vineyards, ranches, and oak woodlands of the Central Coast. Register early to ensure your place in this classic ride.
Photograph: Chris Manning
Redesigned Wildflower Routes
All routes were redesigned in 2017 including reversing riding directions and the creation of a great Metric Century. Time spent on Highway 58 has been reduced and La Panza Road, Highway 229 and Pozo Road have been reincorporated. Shell Creek Road still has five miles of rough pavement that we refer to as our cobble stone section. Otherwise roads have good to very good surfaces.
|Routes||RWGPS Maps||Route Slips|
|Wildflower Century: 5100 ft.||Century Map||Century Route (pdf)|
|Wildflower 75: 3800 ft.||75 Mile Map||75 Mile Route (pdf)|
|Wildflower Metric Century: 3000 ft.||Metric Map||Metric Route (pdf)|
|Wildflower 45: 2000 ft.||45 Mile Map||45 Mile Route (pdf)|
Download a 2018 Wildflower Information (pdf) sheet that provides an overview of the ride and the roads being used.
Wildflower Century Highlights
- Rural roads through oak woodlands, vineyards and ranch lands unchanged by time
- Que & Map sheet
- Rest Stops well stocked with good food
- Robust SAG support
- Bike Mechanic at Start and key rest stops
- Enthusiastic and friendly volunteers
- Post-Ride BBQ for all registered riders including:
- Live music by Burning, Bad & Cool (Burning James on lead guitar and vocal, Billy Baxmeyer on bass and vocal and Jim Conway on guitar and vocal)
- Local beer and wine for purchase,
- Delicious barbecued chicken with a hearty salad and dessert,
- Tickets available at BBQ for non-riders
- Ride patches and wristbands for registered riders
- Your registration fee supports our Donations to Bike SLO County and other local cycling organizations and programs and the communities and groups that support our rides.
- Opportunity to purchase Wildflower Clothing
- Follow us on Instagram and use #slobcwildflowercentury to share your posts
- Event Photography by PhotoCrazy
Photograph: Bruce Easton
- Approved helmets are required to be worn by all riders. NO HELMET, NO RIDE!
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult
- All riders are expected to follow Safe Cycling Best Practices
- Rear-view mirrors to monitor overtaking vehicles and cyclists are encouraged. (California law requires that cyclists move right as practicable to allow vehicles to pass.)
- Portable audio devices using ear pieces are discouraged. (California law mandates that ear pieces be used in only one ear.)
Photograph: Pam Link
Friday Spaghetti Feed
Eliminate the hassle of the Saturday morning crowds! Come to Creston Friday night and pick up your registration materials and then take part in a pre-ride carb load-up at the annual Spaghetti Feed put on by the community to benefit the Creston Women's Club Scholarship Fund.
- Price: $12.00 (adults), $5.00 (children under 10) purchased at the door
- Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
- Time: 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Location: Creston Community Center
- Wine, Beer & Desserts available for purchase
- Meat and vegetarian spaghetti sauces!
The Creston School Science Camp will be offering coffee and treats for purchase at Creston Elementary School from 6:30 to 9:00 AM Saturday morning.
Partners, Suppliers & Vendors
These local organizations and businesses provide volunteers, rest stops locations, food, ride clothing, supplies and services to support the safety and enjoyment of our riders.