Lighthouse Century FAQ
- How do I get to Morro Bay High School?
- Take Highway 101 to San Luis Obispo
Exit at Highway 1 to Morro Bay (about 13 miles)
Take the Highway 41 (Atascadero Rd) exit and turn toward the ocean/West
Take the first right into Morro Bay High School
- Where is check-in located at Morro Bay High School?
- When can we check-in?
- Friday from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday from 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- Can someone else check-in for me?
- No, all riders must check-in in person and show a photo ID.
- When do I receive my registration materials and any clothing I ordered?
- When you check-in for the ride. If you do not attend the ride, your clothing will be mailed to you.
Note: Try on clothing when you pick it up to make sure it fits correctly. It may be exchanged at clothing sales for another size if we have it in stock.
- What is the Parking situation at Morro Bay High School?
- There will not be enough parking at Morro Bay High School if everyone arrives in their own vehicle. If at all possible, carpool to the event or ride your bike if you are staying in a nearby hotel or motel. There is also limited parking permitted along Atascadero Road.
Note: Parking is NOT permitted at the nearby Lila Keiser park.
- How do I find area motels and hotels?
- Make your reservations early. San Luis Obispo County motels and hotels often sell out. Contact the Chamber of Commerce of one of the nearby cities for more information.
City Distance Chamber of Commerce Morro Bay 0 Miles 805-772-4467 Cayucos 6 Miles 805-995-1200 San Luis Obispo 13 Miles 805-781-2777 Atascadero 17 Miles 805-466-2044 Cambria 20 Miles 805-927-3624 Pismo Beach 23 Miles 805-773-4382 Templeton 23 Miles 805-434-1789 Paso Robles 28 Miles 805-238-0506
- What are area camping options?
- Camping, which can be cool in September, is available in the Morro Bay area. Again reserve space early as spaces fill quickly.
- What is the weather like?
- Generally, the weather in September is cool close to the ocean. But be prepared for a variety of weather conditions. Enter Morro Bay, CA (93442) in your weather app to keep abreast of the latest weather conditions. The ride will be held rain or shine.
- What drinks and food are provided at rest stops?
- The food and drinks at each rest stop are selected to both nourish the body and taste great as you ride the course. This means that there is no "Lunch" stop. Instead, every stop has an appropriate selection of carbs and protein from which you can choose what you need.
Drinks will include Fluid sports drink, fresh lemonade and water with coffee at the first stop. Standard rest stop food will include such things as locally made cookies, bagels, bananas, oranges, nuts, PP&J sandwiches and hard boiled eggs. This will be expanded with unique additions at each rest stop to support rider needs and provide variety.
- What is the Post-Ride BBQ menu?
- The menu includes Santa Maria style tri-tip, chicken and vegetarian options along with a baked potato, salad and watermelon and Linn's fruit pie and ice cream for dessert. Drinks will include sodas, water and coffee.
- Can I purchase additional BBQ tickets?
- Extra BBQ tickets for non-riders can be purchased at the BBQ for $10.00.
- When is the BBQ open?
- BBQ is served between Noon and 5:30 p.m..
- When can we start riding?
- The course opens at 7:00 a.m.
Century (100 mile) & Old Creek (85 mile) riders should start before 8:00 a.m.
Coastal (65 mile) riders should start after 8:00 a.m. and before 9:30 a.m.
Adjust your starting time based on your speed and rest stop opening times.
- When does the course close?
- The course closes at 5:00 PM.
Riders who cannot complete the course by 5:00 p.m. will be offered a SAG ride to the start and will be on their own if they turn this down. Rest stops close based on riders being on schedule to complete the course by 5:00 p.m.
- How do I check to see if something I lost was found?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a description of the item and your address. We will respond as soon as possible.
- Where can I find the photos that were taken during the ride?
- Go to PhotoCrazy to find your event photos. PhotoCrazy has no affiliation with SLOBC.